Group Mat Pilates Sessions
V Pilates Group Mat Session options to suit all needs from September 2020.
10 week pre paid blocks - £12 per class / £120 advance payment
Trial Class £12 before commitment to a block of lessons.
IN STUDIO: Participate in a class, in person at V Pilates Studio. Maximum of 8 participants per class, with plenty of open floor space and COVID-19 policy in place.*
LIVE STREAM: Attend a live class, streamed via Zoom, from the comfort of your own home, alongside those participating in the studio.
ONLINE: Online only mat class on Thursday mornings.
*If you are required to self isolate at any time, anyone booked in to the studio can join via the live stream option instead.
Pilates Movement Classes - Class Descriptions:
Pilates for Core Health (suitable for all) - designed to radiate strength from the inside, yet maintaining suppleness & ease on the outside. Re-balance strategies to support health.
- Learn to breathe well & calm the nervous system. Understand the internal dynamics of the diaphragm & natural core support.
- Understand the organisation of the head, neck & shoulder alignment & how posture affects the load & forces on spinal segments.
- Learn to lengthen the central axis of your spine, including awareness of your pelvic alignment to take the pressure off a compacted, compressed posture & provide an internal tensegrity system of support.
- Learn how to house your spine in a balanced system of flexibility with a natural response of integrated deep core stabilisation. Deep core control is not just about engaging your abdominal muscles.
- Learn about your ability to move the spine in a range of movements, offering availability and distribution of forces throughout the structure, and reduce wear and tear over used segments.
- Become aware of the alignment of the foot from the ground up, as the root of transmitted forces through our body.
- Learn how to move well through mindful awareness practice, and whole body approach to support overall health & well being.
Dynamic Pilates (experienced movers) - more challenging exercises and complexity, yet with the balance of a mindful approach.
- Monday Dynamic Pilates, led by Vikki, offers a diverse approach to the Pilates repertoire, with particular awareness of the integrated whole, & balance of systems with larger ranges and complex movement.
- Tuesday Dynamic Pilates, led by Alison - who has completed The Runity: Pilates for Runners by Polestar Pilates Educator; Juan Nieto.
Running adds an incredible amount of load onto our bodies, & that load is only healthy if your tissues are prepared for it. Come & learn exercises that will improve & support your running technique, posture, flexibility & alignment for a more efficient & saver practice.
Move well and get fit to run.